Friday, July 10, 2009

Life isn't fair, but it's still good

I really don't like writing blogs about the hard times in my life but tonight I am not in a drug fog and was catching up on every one's blogs. I hardly ever read KIDZ because I don't usually have enough time at the computer but I am sitting here listening to a one sided gaming conversation and I needed to read something to up lift my spirit. Well anyway I came across something that really touched my heart and brought a tear to my eye...



"Life isn't fair, but it's still good"



This week has been a very difficult week for me and my family. Our strength and our faith as yet again been put to the test and Jamie and I are just trying to keep our head above water and our kids taken care of. But this saying says it all for me. We still have our two wonderful children. We have each other and without the stiff we have been through I would never get to see how wonderful my husband can really be for me and my children. And just to let you all know Jamie can be impatient but he is a wonderful caretaker and I couldn't ask for someone better to be here for me when I am down. If there weren't times like these I would never see these qualities in him and I would never know his true greatness!



And last but in no way least our wonderfully supportive family. My mom and dad and been here helping me out around the house. Here's a funny story, my mom did laundry and folded towels and put them away for me. Jamie came home that night and went to get towel and closed the door really fast and said "you don't want to look in there for now, just wait until you feel better." I am kind of OCD about how thing are put away. My dad and Tonio just hung out and helped me get things that I needed. Tami pretty much did the hardest task, taking care of Izzy for the week. Jamie had a busy week and had to be at the office every day from 9-5, so Tami took Izzy from 8:30-5:30. That was a huge relief for me to not have to worry about her. She is such a mommas girl it would have been hard for her to be here with me, and me not able to do anything for her. And she had Tay to fix her hair everyday and the boys to play with. Tami & Tay even took the kids to the "Rage". Tonio has been staying with my dad so this was really the first time they got to see each other and play. Tonio was here when she got home from Nana's and they just laughed and played on the floor for about an hour.



And another thanks to the visitors and well wishers! I makes you see how much your supported to have people give a little bit of time out of their day (even on their way to a MRI with their own worries) to drop by and say hi.



Now that I have gone on and on I just want to say THANKS and keep us in your prayers...

5 comments:

Emma said...

The problem with not blogging your hardships is that family that lives far away has no idea what is going on. What happened that made you be in bed? hopefully nothing to bad!!!!

The Pachuilo Family said...

I am so sorry for you, Grandma Bennett told me what happened and you and your family are in our prayers. I know I am far away but if there is anything I can do for you please let me know. Because I will make Kallie and Bubba go get what ever you need.
Best wishes for you and your family. We love you!

Tara Bennett said...

I'm glad you are able to see the silver lining. We love you! Hugs.... =)

Unknown said...

I love u sis. If you ever need to talk I am always here.

Nana said...

I too am glad that you have both been able to see the positive that has come from a sad situation.

I can see that you and Jamie just seem closer. We all have a lot to be thankful for. It was fun spending the week w/ everyone and just enjoying each other.